My mother has been on Hospice since April of this year. Since then there has been 3 Administrators.

The nurses that visit do not communicate with me.

I work and ask for phone calls for updates and get nothing. All I get told is when I ask is nothing has changed. They are supposed to be measuring her girth which was done at the beginning and that was it. I get told me that her edema is minimal which the nurse comes in the morning.

Her stomach is huge and feet and ankles are swollen by the time I get home. So, what exactly is the job of Hospice other than to keep meds going and the patient somewhat comfortable?

Comments

Please know we take your concerns extremely seriously. If you would like to speak to someone more specifically about your concerns, please let me know which Kindred facility you are referring to (including the address).

I can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication.

As an alternative, you may call our anonymous compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred at Home.